As an owner of many dogs, I’ve seen how expensive treats are, but I still want to give my dogs a little something special when they are good. So to avoid the costs and to keep the little pups happy, here is my recipe for dog treats. They are so simple, anyone can make them.
To make these doggie biscuits it couldn’t be easier. Plus you will have the added advantage that you will know that the ingredients are only the healthiest things for your dogs. This is why I don’t buy any of the treats in the shops anymore. With this you have my guarantees that your dog will be happy, satisfied and know you love him/her.
I’ve looked at a few dog cook books (yes there are some) and most of them are flour based. You can also use cornmeal and oats for an even more healthy meal for them. Here is mine !
Dog Biscuit Ingredients
- 150g of flour
- 250 ml milk
- 50 g peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- one egg white
- (optional) a couple teaspoons of chicken broth for more flavor.
How to make dog biscuits
- Put all your dried ingredients in a bowl and mix them
- Put your wet ingredients (besides the peanut butter) in a separate bowl and mix them together.
- Mix your wet and dry ingredients in one bowl until they are completely blended together
- Now add the peanut butter and fold it until it starts to become a dough.
- NOTE : if they are too dry and brittle add some more milk, and if it’s wet add some flour.
- Put your dough on a baking tray. Preheat the oven to 180 – 190 degrees celcius.
- Bake dog treats for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Extra tip, I generally make 2 batches of these at a time as they will keep for about a month !