Here is a simple recipe for homemade dog treats using bacon and egg
- 1/2 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat your oven to 175°C / 350°F
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the cooked, crumbled bacon, whole wheat flour, and rolled oats. Stir to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, beat the egg and water together. Add the egg mixture to the bacon mixture and stir until well combined.
- On a lightly greased baking sheet, drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the sheet, forming small balls or shapes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the treats are golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Allow the treats to cool completely before serving to your dog.
These treats can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also freeze them for longer storage, but it’s likely you dog will enjoy these well before that !