Verification of sellers’ identities is a cornerstone for maintaining a safe selling platform. It is crucial as it helps ensure trust and integrity within the platform by safeguarding it from potential fraudsters and scammers. Such verification processes help protect both the buyers and the platform itself. Currently sellers are asked for the following details
- email address – confirmed by sending a verification email
- mobile phone number – verified by SMS
- microchip chip numbers for their ads
Security next steps
In an effort to increase security, we may request additional information, such as:
- Official ID (Passport or Drivers license photo)
- Photograph of each of the microchip certs / application forms. We do require that you only advertise dogs that are in your name.
We will use this information to check your name and that you are the person in the ID.
Each microchip will have additional information around it
- sex of the dog
- colour of the dog
- status of being sold (for sale, on-hold, sold)
This will give you more granular information about the individual dog for sale. Currently it’s only possible to list one colour for the dogs in a litter for example. Individual dogs that are sold from a littler can be marked as sold.